Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eating Raw


I mentioned in a Thanksgiving post that I dropped from a size 10/12 to a small 4 in 9 months without trying and without 'dieting' (meaning that I was eating as much as I wanted, whenever I wanted and a very varied diet). I was asked how it happened. The answer is really simple:

1- I started eating 90 % raw (that's because I choose to eat some meat, fish and eggs that I prefer to cook and a little bread)
2- I detoxed on and off for those 9 months (I was using Colonix at times but that is a matter of personal choice)
3- I also detoxed through juicing for several days at a time.
4- I did a lot of energy work to heal the negative emotions that came up as I stopped stuffing them down with food. Four years ago I successfully overcame an addiction to spending so I knew I could do it with food as well.
5- I eat A LOT of green leafy veggies (even hide them in my morning smoothie)

I eat 90% raw when the weather is warm.

I eat 70 or 80% raw when it gets cold because
  • I find it easier to stay warm when I eat warm food, which tends to be cooked. When my body feels spring coming I will be craving more raw food again and it will be a natural transition.
  • Eating is a very sociable activity in my life and I enjoy eating with my friends and family around the holidays.
  • You can't beat the smell of soup in the house on a snowy day!

The higher the proportion of raw food the more I can honestly say that I can eat as much as I want because when you eat raw, you get hungry very suddenly but when your body has had what it needs, you just don't want any more from one mouthful to the next. So most people don't over eat on raw. I know I don't.

The benefits of eating high raw have been for me:
  • increased vitality : this is why I went raw
  • end of low blood sugar episodes
  • vastly improved moods, generally joyful now
  • vastly improved sleep patterns
  • clear skin
  • weight loss (a welcome side effect)
  • deeper, more accurate intuition
  • easier, faster energy work
  • improved taste and smell

I have been eating high raw for 18 months now. It's a lifestyle. This is purely a personal account and my personal opinion. I had the support of a friend when I got started. Now I have the support of other friends who saw how much I changed for the better and who are eating raw or more raw. Support makes a big difference when you start eating raw.

There is a ton of information online. I personally found Matt Monarch's monthly newsletter very informative and helpful. (The Raw Food World)

Feel free to comment! I know uncooked food can be a hot topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment